Catalog aims to carry out its activities in a way that minimises environmental impact on a whole lifecycle analysis basis. Additionally, our approach extends to use of materials within the business, packaging, transport, etc.
Our business model is designed to do good. It’s circular and sustainable and we believe in making a positive impact in the world and in building a better business that helps us to do more good. Hence why within our first year in operation we will apply to become a certified B Corp.
Certified B Corporations (B Corps TM) are for-profit companies that use the power of business to build a more inclusive and sustainable economy. They are businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose. In short, we care about people and the planet.
Catalog will work hard and take bold actions in order to lead on sustainability, reduce our environmental impacts and protect low-carbon economy. Therefore:
- The relationship with our suppliers will be based on commitment to communities and our planet: clean materials from low-impact or recycled resources, and companies that invest in their people and communities.
- We will engage with local networks, collaborating with our waste and packaging
- We will actively support local university students and independent artists, writers, musicians by offering our space to exhibit their works to the public.
- We will nurture diversity and inclusion mainly throughout our stock.
- We will ensure that we taking actions on a daily basis to reduce our carbon footprint.
- We will work to reduce and remove all plastic, introducing more paper-based alternatives.